Monday, April 6, 2020

Ghost rider on a Quadrant

I've become something of a Quadrant enthusiast being lucky owner of two of them. As is often the way of these things my Quadrant ownership was slightly accidental rather than the culmination of a lifelong ambition. Now I've experienced the marque I've developed an appreciation for them as well engineered and quality machines. So, nowadays, I search out Quadrant related material wherever I can find it, even if in somewhat poor condition. Such is the case with the below snap - double exposed, but at least the bike is still visible.

As best I can work out the Quadrant depicted is a 1906 model (though possibly 1905), the exhaust seems to be different from the 1906 example pictured further down otherwise the bike seems identical.

1906 Quadrant with half a rider.

1906 Quadrant image from:
http://www.ampthillimages.com/Media/Motorcycles-Gall./pages/Quadrant.4318.html

No comments:

Post a Comment