Saturday, May 6, 2023

Spring time flower bimbling

One of my favourite things in life come spring time is to get on an old bike and trundle slowly around the local lanes looking for flowers in bloom. Of course it's the bluebells that are the headline grabbers but there's plenty of other floral treats out there. This year due to my work schedule and the vagaries of the seasons I was out before peak bluebell season but, not to worry, the show put on by the cowslips and hawthorn more than made up for it.

Due to various life events my stable of machines that actually work has been been whittled down to just two but, not to worry, I truly enjoy using both of them and chose the '27 Triumph Model N for the ride. I like the Triumph more the more I use it. I've had it for around 12 years but, though it was still nice to ride, until recently it suffered from the engine tightening up if pushed harder. Recently I've given the motor a top end service by honing it, dressing any rough edges on the barrel and piston and lapping in the valves. Now the riding experience is better than ever and it's hard to imagine an easier to live with or more satisfying flat tank ride.

 

The Triumph poses with cowslips in the background.

Close up on cowslips in the meadow.

Slightly early for bluebells but here they are in
the background.

And now for wild garlic flowers with some bluebells
photobombing.

Wild garlic again.

This year the hawthorn hedgerows were the scene
stealer.

The Model N shows off in front of hawthorn bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment