Saturday, July 30, 2022

Wimborne Autojumble July 2022

Last year this event was billed as a massive post lockdown jumble, it was billed the same this year but we seem to be well past lockdowns now, or maybe I shouldn't speak too soon....

Either way it's always nice to ride over to a local jumble and the location of this one is a corker, nice flat fields next to the River Stour and not far from Wimborne town centre. Attendance seemed to be a little down on last year, I arrived late in the day so it's hard to say for sure. Awareness of the event was perhaps a bit low, at least amongst those I know. Not that I cared about any of it, there seemed to be more older bike stuff there this year and I managed to pick up a couple of really nice vintage twistgrips and a fifties AA East Africa motorcycle badge (yep, pretty esoteric I know) for very reasonable money.

An added bonus was that my Norton picked up the car park prize for second best British bike. I think this was maybe mostly due to me being around whilst the guys were judging it but an unexpected bonus none-the-less. As I favour the 'weathered look' for my bikes they don't often catch the eyes of any judges out there....

I'm not a fan of the word 'iconic' and the way it is
so often banded around, however if one motorcycle
is worthy of that epitaph it is a rigid framed
polychromatic blue Triumph Thunderbird. The
original Wild One.

From the same period as the Thunderbird this Royal
Enfield 500 Twin, also in lovely used condition.

Again from the same era. Model D Lambretta.

Close up of the Lambretta's power unit showcasing
its shaft drive.

And a sweet modern Sportster chop.

Great paint job on the Sportster.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment