Friday, March 18, 2022

Moto Legendes Montlhery 1999

I was digging through some old pictures recently and came across these two. From memory it was back in 1999 when the Moto Legendes event was still being held at the Montlhery Autodrome near Paris, before it moved to Dijon Prennois.

My father and I rode down from Cherbourg, stayed at the circuit for a couple of days and then rode home again, all in glorious weather. I was riding my '58 350cc Bullet that I had ridden back home from India a year or so previously and my father his '56 Velocette Venom. We both still have both bikes, the Venom is on the road, though, to my shame, the Bullet has been garage bound for quite a few years. I rebuilt the motor after a big end fail but got the crank alignment slightly out and it vibrated slightly too much. I lost heart with it and tucked it away and forgot about it for too long. Hopefully it's going to be resurrected soon.

On the way to Montlhery with '58 Royal Enfield
and '56 Velocette. Though the Velocette is nominally
a lot quicker bike for touring they were quite well matched.

And camping inside the Autodrome at Montlhery.

No comments:

Post a Comment