Tuesday, February 22, 2022

VMCC Shepton Mallet Autojumble February 2022

The VMCC Somerset Section's biannual auotjumble at the Shepton Mallet showground is always a good day out, as much a social occasion to catch up with old friends as to pick up parts for ongoing or future projects.

Stall numbers were slightly down on pre-covid times, understandable as the event only got the go ahead at late notice. Personally I picked up a handful of nice parts, a couple I needed and a couple I didn't but was slightly disappointed by the array of complete machines on sale. Maybe that's because I went with the hope that I would find a bargain veteran that I could ride home on, one can live in hope...

Below a few pics from the day.

Often the most interesting bikes can be seen in the
car park. The weather was mostly dreadful so due
credit to anyone who rode in on the day. If you are
going to ride in inclement weather you can't pick a
much better machine for the job than a Royal Enfield
with Airflow fairing. I've got a feeling that this Crusader
is REOC Archivist Bob Murdoch's daily rider.

Another daily rider. This sweet BSA B31 is still
giving the service its makers intended 70 years
after rolling off the Small Heath production line.

Norton Internation M30 was offered for sale, I didn't
see the price on it though.

BSA Bantam D14/4 Sports and a 350 and 500
Matchless, all at very fair prices. On the day the
Bantam sold and the Matchless' went home.

1936 Scott tempted me. I've got money burning a
hole in my pocket for a decent pre-war bike having
sold a couple of machines recently. It's a vintage open
frame Scott that I'm really after though so resisted
temptation with this one.

Triumph TR5 Trophy. One of Triumph's best looking
bikes ever.

This is how to do a jumble in style! More so if you
are selling Harley parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment