Wednesday, June 7, 2017

A veteran Triumph poses

A veteran Triumph poses for the camera. I had originally listed this down as a Model H but thanks Nick Smith for correcting me and pointing out that the bike is a veteran. I didn't look closely enough and the hub clutch / gear dates it as an earlier bike, looking at Peter Cornelius' pre-war Triumph site I would go for a 1913 model: a Type A Roadster Free Engine Model or a Type C Roadster Three-Speed Model though I am certainly happy to be corrected by the more knowledgeable.

This photo is dated on the reverse as June
30 1921. Look carefully and you can see
the sidesaddle 'ladies' pillion.

Same Triumph. Chap looks like he
is serious about his motorcycling.

1 comment:

  1. I love her "side saddle" cap! Very jaunty. To get the visor out of the way of the goggles, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete