Unusual to see pictures of an AJW. One of the very few motorcycle manufacturers to hail from the shire of Devon, AJW was formed in 1926 by a chap called Arthur John Wheaton. Production was always limited and it continued up until 1939. Postwar the company changed hands and moved to Bournemouth where production of motorcycles became yet more limited. There was another change of location when the company moved to Wimborne and became Dorset's second motorcycle company after Pouncy.
|Early thirties AJW with Villiers engine. The motor looks|
to be the Brooklands one with the heavily finned alloy head.
|T'other side of the AJW Villiers.|